Friday, February 22, 2008

Tired

TIRED

Last days of wasting haze
I still my busy mind meandering, maliciously though
moments of malnourished muse

Waiting for something that won't falsh burn my poetry
tired of forced words trying to speak worlds with just a few syllables

Looking to see who I can please only to find myself bankrupt of ryhmes rhythm and reason

Wanting to stand on the shoulders of giants only to find myself trappled by my own two beats

THUMP THUMP

My heart afraid to pump what is inside out. Afraid that words like insecure, fat, lonely and you might come out.

My heart bleeds silent tears of misguided emotions yearning to rain truth
spoken on open palms not grasping for more appluse which fades like static

1 comment:

Beth Johnson said...

Hey Jake. That was beautiful. I love the line about being afraid of your heart pumping what is inside out. You're so gifted.