Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Me +John Q

I am very angry at Kaiser Permenenta right now. My baby sister has been sick for 25 days and she is at the point where blood is coming out of her nose and mouth. She had been to see the doctor at kaiser 5 times and they only let her see the nurse. I think megan and philp are to nice so they keep passing her off to someone else and thats not getting the job done! I would like to go down there reenact the movie John Q so my little sister can get the care that she need. They keep sending her home and saying she was going to be ok but to come back. The nurse asked her at her last appointment if she had been driving and the got mad when megan said yes even though no one told her not to drive and said she would be ok but to come back. WTF! How can you get mad at someone for the problem you are suppose to fix. There is a silver lining here my sister works at ainsworth elementary which is an expensive school and one of her kids father is the head cardiologist at OHSU and has been calling megan every night to see how she is doing. I can't stand how western medicine has shifted from putting a band aid on the problem rather than fixing what causes it. It's no wonder doctors and nurses call what they do there "practice"...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Coming from someone who works for a health clinic in Medical Billing, Kaiser is a bunch of crap. I would NEVER recommend Kaiser to anyone. Its almost better to have Medicaid or no insurance at all and wind up on a sliding scale... Let me know if there is anything I can do to help - I will keep your family in my prayers.