Monday, March 10, 2008

Drinking+Extreme Home Make Over+Shotguns= My weekend

I called in sick on Thursday from the lack of sleep or a least the quality of sleep I have been getting lately due to my shoulder injury so my weekend started early...YES! I wish I could say that the weekend was very relaxing and I rested my shoulder all weekend but that was not the case. Friday I bbq a beef tenderloin to take over to beth's parents house for a snack before we headed out for drinks at a local bar/restaurant. We had a great time but some of us had way too much to drink or as they put it "my over flow value is turning on". After we got back to the house Rich (my father-n-law) and I sat on the front porch smoked cigars and talk about his catering business he dreams of starting up some day. I really enjoyed the time on the porch even though it wasn't very long. I am very great full that he has taken me under his wing and has been slowly teaching how to turn everyday bbqing in to a form of art. Beth and I stayed the night at her parents house and left in the morning to meet my siblings to help them finish remodeling in the kitchen before my mother comes back from Scotland on Tuesday.I really wish we would have taken some before and after shots so I could post them...sorry. I wasn't very much help cause of my shoulder injury but it was fun none the less to have the fam all together working to bless my parents. I think we finally went to bed around 1 am after we got the first coat of primer and paint done. We had a few deaths in the family because we didn't ventilate the house enough and the paint fumes got to 3 of my moms birds. Sunday we woke up to breakfast in bed that beth had made for everyone(she is the best). After we finish with the last coat of paint and putting some of the furniture back in the kitchen we celebrated Philip's birthday (my brother-n-law) by pulling out the guns and destroying clay pigeons. Sunday night after everyone finally left the house beth and I had some time to ourselves, she took a long needed nap because she work the hardest this weekend and I bbq two pork tenderloins. I am really enjoying getting to know the tao of bbq. I didn't get a chance to make it out to the gym at all this weekend to weight myself. I will try to get there sometime this week! I hate it that my shoulder isn't 100% grrr...

No comments: