Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Reason #268 to hate Starsucks (Starbucks)



I tried finding a coffee shop or even a cafe in Wilsonville today, but I couldn't find one not a single one. What I did find was a few great coffee shops and cafe's that use to be in Wilsonville until Starsucks put them out of business. I know I should be more enraged with the simple minded ,got to have it NOW people who enjoy bad coffee, are addicted to caffeine,tons of sugar,and want to look cool with there starsucks cup but they are everywhere...Starsucks has monopolized the cafe's in Wilsonville! I am thinking about watching the movie Fight Club and taking notes...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

well, my friend, don't you also know that there are more independent coffee shops within the portland area after starsucks arrived. they are greatly influential to our local coffee culture. if it weren't for them there wouldn't be the demand for different sorts of coffee like stumptown. another fact is that starsucks increases the business of indies that are near by. they don't go under as most attest. the level-headed indy loves starsucks moving next door.

so maybe you can stop blaming starsucks and look to other symptoms: a poor economy, lack of business sense, or shitty ass coffee.