Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Health and Work Update!

I recently applied to work at JDH( A youth corrections facility) and was denied due to the fact that I don't have a two year degree even though I volunteered there for about 4 years. I now have decided to start applying around the state to work in adult corrections thus I have to pass a physical fitness test called ORPAT to work in any adult correction facility. I don't know at this point if I am physicality capable to pass this test in the condition I am currently in. Therefore I am putting myself through a boot camp which consists of working out or doing something to get my heart rate up three times a day. I want to see at least 3 inches drop off of my waist before Christmas. I have been struggling for the last few months with losing weight... I guess the body gets tired after dropping 140lbs! Yet I refuse let my body plateau any longer and like Paul the apostle said "I discipline my body and make it my slave" I am putting myself on a new regimen of working out 3 times a day which consist of heavy lifting in the morning, physio ball core training before lunch, and some form of martial arts training at night whether it's hitting the heavy bag or doing tai chi to get my heart rate up. I am going to apply with OYA and try to work at the Mclairn facility in Woodburn since it is so close to my house. I am also going to apply at the Tony's hookah lounge just up the street from where I am currently working so I can get a little extra spending money and pay off debt faster,plus free hookah stuff!

1 comment:

Gina said...

Check out Clackamas County.. they almost always have jobs open in the corrections department. Also right now, they are hiring CCom operators (911). They pay really well too....
https://recruit.co.clackamas.or.us/recruit/ccstartint.html
I will keep my eye open for anything else that might look like it fits!